Stumbled across this video blog post of Francis Chan tonight.
Francis is a awesome pastor, speaker and writer. If you totally want to shake up your world, read "Crazy Love."
Anyway, he talks about this verse and most of us wouldn't have the guts to pray a prayer like this to God. I mean, it's really say "Lord, please give me just enough to get by."
Proverbs 30:7-9 (New International Version)
7 "Two things I ask of you, O LORD;
do not refuse me before I die:
8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, 'Who is the LORD ?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.
This very well might become my life verse.
No comments:
Post a Comment