Well, we're all back and safe in cold Wisconsin after a wonderful family trip to Walt Disney World last week. Our cousin, Kari, who was on the trip too sent us a picture that I couldn't resist sharing.
This is me, my sister-in-law, my cousin-in-law and my daughter Gretchen going down Splash Mountain. (Yes...that's me screaming in the top right.)

Now...look more closely.
Yes, there in the bottom right of this photo is my precious four year old daughter with a look of sheer terror on her face. Need a closer look?
Before I get barraged with comments about what a horrible mother I was to make her go on the ride, let me set the record straight. SHE WANTED TO GO ON THE RIDE...even after we told her she might be scared. We made her stand on the bridge and what people go down the big hill a few times so she'd see what she was in for. Yet, she still wanted to go. So...we let her.She never cried and in fact seemed like she enjoyed the ride, but the photo Disney takes captured what must have been a very scary moment for her. Every time I look at it I start laughing. I think I'll use this as my desktop image for a few weeks - just to add some humor to my job.
2 comments:
I'm laughing too, even though I feel a little bad about it! Glad she (and everyone!) had fun!
She loved the ride. Even after the drop she kept looking for more drops, in an excited fashion, not an "Oh my God" fashion.
Post a Comment