Have you ever had a place that you've visited - probably on more than one occasion - that you would entertain actually moving there permanently? I usually park my car near these large evergreen trees at work and IF it rains, the smell of wet pine needles makes me think of the Black Hills of South Dakota.
I spent my childhood years camping at Rafter J Bar Ranch in Hill City, SD. It's funny how people here in Wisconsin refer to the summer homes they have "up north." The Black Hills were my "summer home" in a sense...not that I spent more than one week there at a time during the summer. It was just a place we always continued to return to.
In 2007 my husband and I got away for one whole week to experience the Badlands and Black Hills. It was awesome. We hiked all over the place, went to two caves and overall just enjoyed the outdoors. Everytime I smell the evergreen trees at work, I keep asking myself "Why haven't I sold my house and just moved to Rapid City already?"
{Sigh}...maybe someday.
Where in the world you would consider making a crazy decision to move to?
No comments:
Post a Comment