Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Favorite Holiday

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Want to know why?

1. You get to sleep in and lounge around in PJs. There's no reason to get up early to open presents or find the right spot on the parade route (or in my case the last few 4th of Julys getting ready to walk in the parade.)

2. Someone else does the cooking. I've never hosted Thanksgiving at my house...and nor do I have any desire to do so. Yes, I bring a dish or two, but that's cake compared to orchestrating a full meal for people.

3. You don't have to buy presents. I hate shopping. Enough said.

4. You get to watch TV. Whether its watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade to watching football, the day is filled with watching TV. (Go Packers today!)

5. No work on Friday. I usually don't have to work on Friday. A four day weekend is just plain awesome.

6. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. This is my favorite of the Charlie Brown holiday movies. I love that they make popcorn for their Thanksgiving meal.


7. Food. I can't believe I didn't mention the food yet!

8. Dessert. Apple pie hands down. Pumpkin is just icky.

9. The start of the Christmas season. We get to put up the tree and decorate the house tomorrow. Can't wait to crank the Christmas tunes...I have totally been avoiding any radio station that has already started playing Christmas music. That's plain wrong.

10. Spending time with family. Isn't the holiday season the best? We get to see our relatives more frequently than other times of the year. I can't wait to see people and catch up with those I love.

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends and family! May you be full and happy by the end of today!

No comments: