Saturday, November 7, 2009

Post Marathon Blues

On October 11, 2009 I ran my first marathon. The Bank of America Chicago Marathon. I had a blast running it. Finished in 4 hours and 36 minutes. My goal was to actually run and not do a "run/walk" approach. I felt great that day and was able to accomplish my goal.




Now, it's nearly a month later and I've ran a total of three times. Count them...three times. And...both times were only 2 miles each. I can't believe how pathetically out of shape I am after only one month. I'm irritable and miserable not getting exercise, but it has been so cold here this past month I have had so many issues dragging myself to work out in the morning.

I'm thinking about doing a Thanksgiving run in Manitowoc...might be the training motivation I need.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Tab - you did great and I'm glad you're celebrating your huge accomplishment! I think a break is good, but motivating yourself with that next date (for a smaller run) would be a good idea too!!