Thursday, October 16, 2008

Interesting Evening

I was sitting here tonight thinking "I don't have any good ideas for a blog post...nothing exciting happened today." Well...about 15 minutes ago (9:30pm about) I heard a girl yelling outside my house saying "Get off of me! Leave me alone!" So I quickly went to the front door turned on all the lights to see what was going on. I was worried a girl was getting assualted right outside my own home.

I ended up yelling "hey! hey!" trying to get their attention to break up the fight without getting close to the action because I couldn't really tell who was in the fight. It ended up being my neighbor and her 13 year old daughter wrestling on the ground. The mom asked me to call the police because the daughter was hitting her and she was trying to restrain her on the ground to keep her from leaving. Can you imagine calling the police to come restrain your 13 year old daughter? My heart was absolutely breaking!

Aparantely the daughter was going to leave or something like that. My heart just goes out to the mom. She's a single mom trying to raise three kids. Her teenage daughter is definitely going to be a handful, but maybe this might be a turning point for her.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Just when we least expect it life happens around us. So glad you were there as a support. Single parents sure need support around them. It IS very sad.

Shannon said...

Wow! That sounds just terrible. I hope I never have to tackle any of my children. Good for that mom for doing it though.