Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nearing the Finish Line - Ruffled Jacket

I started my first crocheted sweater last year and ended up abandoning it after awhile. Well, I decided to pick it back up (since I'm on a crochet and knit diet...can't buy any new yarn, patterns or needles until my allowance gets in the black again) and it's nearly finished now. I just need to add a burgundy ribbon ruffled edge.

Do you know how hard it is to find 1 1/2-inch burgundy ribbon? I visited two JoAnn Fabric stores and Michaels and had no luck today. So I ended up ordering online...I hope the color and texture are okay...I'm really nervous about ordering this sort of stuff online...I always like to touch and feel before I buy.

Anyway, I'll post the finished sweater when I add the ribbon to it. It should look something like this...

I want to start a knitted sweater that I've been eyeing, but that would require buying a couple sets of circular needles. I'm actually saving up for one of those interchangeable sets so that I don't have a million circular needles lying around here!

Any recommendations on which brand of interchangeable sets to go with?



5 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, this is going to be beautiful! I hope you are keeping it for yourself!

Meredith said...

great job!!! looks beautiful!

Shannon said...

Beautiful work!

Shannon said...

I just stumbled upon an interchangable set that I may have to invest in. Check out the Addi Click set. Addi are the end all of knitting needles...or so I have gathered. The set looks awesome. Perhaps a Christmas idea for the hubby?

Katrina said...

Miss your updates! No guilt-induced blogging though, just letting you know you're thought of!