Saturday, September 6, 2008

Maywood Environmental Park

In our town we have this wonderful nature preserve called Maywood Environmental Park. All too often I forget that it's in town, but when I do remember it is such a treat.

It's a wonderful place where you can see prairie (grass so tall it reaches over my head), marshland, pine forest, meadows and a river - and it's free to use! We went tonight after dinner to run some energy off the girls before bed. It's too bad they aren't older as we could have stayed for the 8:30 astronomy viewing the park was hosting tonight.




Oh...and I can't forget...here's the picture my 4-year-old Gretchen took of me and Adam. I think we have a photographer in the making...what do you think?


5 comments:

Susan said...

That looks like a great place.
Isn't true that we often don't take advantage of the great things we have right around the corner?

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
My header is actually one of our engagement pictures. We didn't do the formal thing, just fun shots taken by a photographer friend of mine. It is one of my favorite pictures of us because it really communicates a lot about us.

Wendy said...

What a fun outing! I bet they had a great time. I see long sleeves,I cannot wait for Fall in OK.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun...we actually spent the day at the "Watchung Reservation" with my kids. They have a trailside center where the kids can learn about area wildlife and then we hiked on on of the many trails today.

Sounds like all is going well but I can't believe Gretchen is in school! Jake started 1st grade this week but luckly we don't have to deal with school buses.

Jennifer

Jaysi said...

What a beautiful place to visit with your adorable girls! I love the photo at the end. I let my son take pictures every now and then and they always look like that. Too funny!

Shannon said...

Beautiful! I love those awesome family outings that involve nature.