Yesterday at work I learned how to do "vlookups" in Microsoft Excel and had to use them extensively today on some spreadsheets. (I'm a writer by trade so I'm not exactly best friends with Excel.) Okay...this is just the coolest software trick I've learned in a long time!
However, I'm absolutely mourning how much time I've wasted in my life manually doing what I can now do with a quick 5 minute vlookup. I'm really kicking myself that I never took an Excel class or two in college! My mom is an absolute wiz at Excel and is likely shaking her head as she reads this post. But, I have a question for you mom...how could you let your kids leave home without knowing how to do these things?
3 comments:
I have always told you I was the computer geek...why didn't you ask...you would never listen to me anyway.
Mom
At one point in time I was near expert at Excel. Finance classes demand it. Sadly today vlookup sounds strangely familiar yet I remember nothing about it. It is truly sad what happens to the once sharp brain of a stay-at-home mom.
Love the Vlookup!! Wow, I sound like a total geek, but you're right, it is a huge timesaver!
Post a Comment