Monday, September 22, 2008

A Night Away

My husband and I were so blessed this weekend to have my hubby's cousin, Kari, volunteer to fly out from Maryland to spend the weekend with my daughters. Yes...it was her idea to spend the weekend with my kids and because of this, my husband and I got a chance to get away for a night.

Below is a photo of Ingrid's weekend. When Kari sends me photos she took of her Mary Poppins weekend, I'll share them with you. It's 7:15am on Monday and my oldest is still sleeping...Kari really wore her out!


Adam and I drove 2 hours north to Peninsula State Park in Fish Creek (Door County), Wisconsin on Saturday morning. We spent the day riding our bikes around the park and visiting some of the cute shops in Fish Creek. We went out for ribs and then just hung around the campfire talking. It was really nice to catch up with my husband...I feel like we've been so busy lately we really haven't had a chance to talk lately.


Oh...and I had yummy birthday cake last night with Adam's family to celebrate turning 30...TODAY! It was a wonderful weekend...but I'm so tired after all the fun that I feel like I need an extra Saturday to rest up for work this morning!

2 comments:

Jaysi said...

You lucky lady!! I am so jealous...I could totally use that right now! We went to Fish Creek this summer on our vacation. It was so charming! Glad you had a great time.

Wendy said...

Congratulations on a birthday and a weekend away! It is so great to re-energize and do something new!