Thursday, August 7, 2008

Unwinding at the Beach

There are some days when I just marvel at how lucky and blessed I am to live so close to a beach. We are less than a one mile walk to Lake Michigan. I mean...some people pay a lot of money to drive or fly to locations that look like my neighborhood! (And it's not like it's a pricey community or anything otherwise why the heck would we be living here?)

In the mornings I love to run the two mile loop from our house, down to the lake and back. (I've seen some amazing sun rises!) And the best part about the lake right now is...it's WARM. Really...you can actually walk barefoot in the surf and not worry about hypotherma.

Tonight I took a walk with the girls and we took a stroll on the beach. It was fun and very relaxing. It was quite a battle to keep Gretchen out of the water - she kept wanting to wade in deeper. Ingrid on the other hand didn't want to get her feet wet and was trying to navigate the loose sand, pebbles and shells.


I love this photo of the girls in the surf!

We only get a brief window of opportunity to enjoy this type of weather and water temperature. I hope to make the most of the few weeks we have left!



Ingrid navigating the loose sand.

No comments: