Since I was flying Thursday and Friday for work, I brought along my Hooded Scarf project to work on. I actually got a lot done, but it takes a long time to feel like you get anywhere. Right now I knit "English Style" and I've heard that "Continental Style" is faster.
Because I arrived in Green Bay at 2:30 and Adam hadn't left Sheboygan yet to drive to the campground we were staying at this past weekend, I decided to check out a yarn shop in Green Bay - Patti's Yarn Shop.
The owner was so nice! She asked what I was working on and I told her about the scarf and how long it was taking me. She offered to show me how to knit contentinal style so I got my own personal tutorial. WOW...it is so much better! It took me awhile over the weekend to get the hang of it, but it definitely feels like I'm making headway now. The shop is really cute...hope to get up there again to buy yarn in the future!
I actually frogged (tore out) all of the work I did on the plane and started over on the scarf with the new knitting method and smaller needles. I didn't like how the scarf was turning out with the larger needes anyway.
1 comment:
One of my big regrets in life is that I didn't learn to knit while I had the chance....I'm not giving up though.......I'll learn soon! Good luck on your scarf!
Post a Comment